Thursday, April 29, 2010

Juniors honored at St. Bernard Prep


Twenty-eight juniors at St. Bernard Preparatory School in Cullman were honored during a special Blessing of the Rings Ceremony held in the Ave Maria Grotto Gardens. Abbot Cletus Meagher, OSB offered a special prayer for the group that they would continue to progress as students and become effective leaders of the community, especially as Seniors in the coming academic year 2010-2011.

Abbot Cletus, a 1962 graduate of St. Bernard Prep, spoke of his class ring as part of the ceremony. “My ring is blue and gold which is the colors of the Blessed Virgin Mary. When I entered the monastery, I gave my ring to my mother. At the death of my parents, my brothers returned my ring to me.” He further stated the ring was symbolic of St. Bernard school colors blue and gold and everthing on his ring was unique to Saint Bernard.

Abbot Cletus said rings were a symbol of eternity. “God is eternal. He is the source and goal of everything we do. Your class ring symbolizes your love of St. Bernard Prep to one another, and is unique to you and St. Bernard. Wear it with dignity and pride.“

St. Bernard Prep School Headmaster, Fr. Joel Martin, O.S.B. assisted Abbot Cletus during the ceremony.

St. Bernard is a private co-educational day and boarding school for grades 7-12 operated by the Benedictine monks of St. Bernard Abbey. To view photos of the ceremony visit our website and click flickr or like us on facebook. www.stbernardprep.com.

No comments: